Lots of people are being warned of a particularly dangerous situation outbreak of storms and/or tornadoes today. We here are included in this announcement.
Trying to take a lighthearted take on this, but seriously…please remember the safety tips in case any storms come close to your area.
Trying to find something to wear
In case we get blown into the air
They say we definitely should prepare
But what on earth should I wear?
What should you do during a tornado?
- If you are indoors at home during a tornado – Go to the basement or a windowless first flood room such as a closet or bathroom. Duck under a table if possible and cover your body with a sleeping bag or blanket.
- If you are in a school or office building – Move indoors, away from windows, and to the lowest floor. Crouch down and protect your head.
- If you are in a mobile home – Evacuate and go to a nearby shelter or basement. If there is nowhere available, see the instructions below for the outdoors.
- If you are outdoors – Lie down into a low area such as a ditch and protect your head. Do not attempt to outrun a tornado. Many exceed highway speeds.
- In your vehicle – Get to shelter if possible, but do not try to outrun a tornado. If you cannot get to shelter, then stop the vehicle, keep your seat belt fastened, hide under a blanket, and duck below the level of the windows.
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2019 BS