2) Were you typically stressed out before a first date? Did things seem to be easier the more you dated the same person?
I don’t think I was ever nervous about a date.
3) What did you do to prepare for the date? Did you wear new clothes, or special outfits?
No, nothing specially bought. Just regular clothes. (except later on I got a fancy prom dress for that time)
4) How did you meet those first dates? Were your dates with friends of a family member, or friends of a friend?
All were from guys I met at school, except one which was a family friend.
5) Did you have a curfew on those early dates? Did you typically arrive home on time or were you constantly breaking curfew?
I think I had to be back home by 11 p.m. and was on time.
6) Did your parents insist on meeting whomever you dated?
I can’t remember. As one was a neighbor we already knew, and the others I don’t think so until my boyfriend I did get married to.
7) Where did you usually go when on a date? (movies, concerts, picnics, etc.)
Movies, restaurants, school functions like football games. Once I went on a little day trip with their family. Sometimes my almost husband and I would go out with his family to a club for music and dancing.
8) Did the boy/man always pay for the date or did you go Dutch treat?
The guy paid for the things we did on a date.
9) Were you typically the talker or the listener on a date?
Probably about even with talking and listening.
10) What did you do if the date clearly wasn’t going well? (feign a headache, ask to go home, end the date early, etc.)
I don’t think any date was not going well. We had fun doing things when we went out.
11) A connection from the past to the present, if applicable. How long did you date your current partner before marriage?
I met my husband when we were in 11th grade of high school. We dated that year, and the next school year 12th grade, and got married a few months after graduation. We were both 19. Guess it was a good match, as it will soon be 52 years this year we’ve been married.
12) Bonus Question: Care to share a disasters first date??????
Nope, didn’t have a disaster date. Oh, wait … my almost husband’s car broke down at a drive in movie once, and we had to call my dad to come get us. Or the time his car broke down on the highway and the cops gave us a ride home in their squad car. Well the date wasn’t a disaster, just the after part with the cars breaking down.
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2022 BS