What’s In the Box? # 4
I have a lot of boxes out in the garage, and in my closet that have been there for a long time. I thought it might be interesting to have a look inside, and post what all I find.
Some of these boxes are my stored away things, and some are boxes of saved stuff from my parents and grand-parents. It should be fun to see these long lost treasures.
I’ll be posting a new revelation as often as possible, with a few pictures, up until I either get tired of it, or run out of stuff. There are a lot of things to look through.
Hope you enjoy my ‘show & tell’ series! 🙂
Let’s have a look!
This is a box of things my granny kept.
~you can click on the pictures to enlarge~
Here’s several wooden items I found in the box.
- A nice carved wooden box with a picture on top, and lined with red print paper inside. The top inside is a mirror.
- A small souvenir cedar box from Devine Texas, with hinge lock. Inside was an antique hairpin, a silver cross & chain, a gold ring, and 2 stick pins with a note that reads “Marvin Hxxx – 1917”
- 3 wooden containers…one has writing on it in pencil that says Aunt Georgia Hxxx the other looks to be a souvenir bowl that says Seven Falls Colorado
- A small silver snuff container (with a pinch of snuff inside), and a small, blue bottle embossed with the words, “Vick’s Drops”
- A small leather coin purse. Inside I found a pen knife, 3 very small dice, a watch (no band) with the label on the face Vendome Jewels, a very small metal file, and a costume jewelry ring
- A wooden picture, carved and painted by my dad (NR) – maybe a school project, as on the back there was written B+
So, that is all for now, but I’ll be poking around in the big box, or another big box to find more treasures pretty soon.
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2018 BS