This weekly challenge presents some questions that we are to give wrong answer to. It’s all in fun.
To join in this weekly challenge, and see other entries, just click the link below:
1. What is a shoe horn? … I’m tempted to say it’s a coastal bird, but really it’s a tiny device hidden inside fuzzy house slippers that makes a beeping noise when you walk.
2. Where will you find a grommet? … The only grommet I know is from a cartoon movie. I think he was a dog.
3. We may say ‘the tables have turned’, but what is a turntable? … A kitchen table that revolves like a lazy-susan.
4. How do you make a tea cosy? … A tea will get cosy if you set it by a fireplace.
5. What is a quaver? … The quaver is a ‘trick’ arrow, that when shot from the bow, it kind of wiggles back and forth to confuse the target.
6. Where will you find a plimsoll line? … Oh, the plimsoll line will always be found in a garden, as it keeps the rows straight.
7. What colour was The King’s New Clothes? … Tartan green & red for the holidays.
8. Why was Ethelred called The Unready? … It was a catchphrase used to promote the TV show, “I Love Lucy”. Even though Ethel was a blonde, and Lucy was a red-head, the producers decided to go a different way, because Ethelred never caught on as a popular name.
9. 007 has a licence to kill, but what would an 005 have a licence for? … 005 would have a license for cooking gourmet meals because he invented 5 spice powder.
10. What is a winklepicker? … I really do know what this is, but for my ‘lie’ I will say it is a make-up product used to erase wrinkles on the face.
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2020 BS