Golden 50th Wedding Anniversary
Today, December 23, 2019, is our 50th wedding anniversary.
Hard to believe it’s been that long, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Remembrances of my wedding:
- My chosen color theme was mint green
- My Mom sewed my wedding dress (I picked the pattern, but made some changes)
- I only had $100 to spend for the whole thing
- My favorite flower is the chrysanthemum – I had small white ones for my bouquet
- I wanted some champagne but wasn’t old enough to buy it, so on the actual wedding day I took my Grandma with me. My car broke down on the way, and we had to walk across a cotton field to find a phone to call for help.
- We also had punch to drink – lime sherbet and 7UP
- I made my own candles to use
- My Uncle took a few Polaroid photos & my Aunt sang a song
These two charms are to commemorate our engagement and wedding. The one with wedding bells is engraved on the back with the date we got married.
This song means a lot to me, because we called it ‘Our Song’, since we met, dated, and got married. In fact, we played the song on a record player as we marched down the aisle together at our wedding. It may have seemed strange for wedding music, but it was 1969, and we did things our way. I guess we did something right, as we’ve been married 50 years. 🙂
You know I love you, I always will
My mind’s made up by the way that I feel
There’s no beginning, there’ll be no end
‘Cause on my love you can depend
I also still have the original 45 rpm record we played at our wedding.
My daughter sent us the card on the left, and my husband gave me the card in front, and the beautiful Poinsettia plant today.
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2019 BS