What’s in the Box? # 3
I have a lot of boxes out in the garage, and in my closet that have been there for a long time. I thought it might be interesting to have a look inside, and post what all I find.
Some of these boxes are my stored away things, and some are boxes of saved stuff from my parents and grand-parents. It should be fun to see these long lost treasures.
I’ll be posting a new revelation as often as possible, with a few pictures, up until I either get tired of it, or run out of stuff. There are a lot of things to look through.
Hope you enjoy my ‘show & tell’ series! 🙂
Let’s have a look!
This is a box of things my granny kept.
~you can click on the picture to enlarge~
This is still the first box…of many…
I took a look in the box again, last evening, and here’s some things I found.
A leather box, that says Handkerchiefs on it, and a flower. It measures 6 inches x 6 inches x 2 inches.
It has the names of my aunt & uncle written on the side (probably by my granny, and must have been a gift from them) Travis & Edna …Xmas 1943.
I opened the box, and this was what was in there.
Straightening the jumbled stuff out there was…
- 2 small Christmas stockings
- 2 yarn dolls (girl & boy)
- Small bar of Lux soap
- Dried out cigar
- Powder puff
- 3 nuts
- Very small fingernail file
- Jewelry – ring, tie tack, small turtle w/turquoise bead
- Small blue bowler hat (plastic)
- Safety pin
- Red round plastic ring
- Transportation ticket (for bus?)
- Novelty Medal = Medal for Fibbing (China)
- Clear plastic heart w/newspaper clippings
- Plastic zipper container w/other items inside
- Very large safety pin
- Part of a keychain = World’s Greatest Grandpa
- 2 old pocket knives
- Watch (no band)
- 2 Jacks
Here’s a closer look at these…
Inside the plastic heart/locket? were yellowed newspaper clippings of marriage and birth announcements of some of our family.
Inside this round container was…
- Red plastic camel
- Sea shell
- Tarnished gold ring wrapped in paper. It says – To Zula from Ralston 1914.
So, that’s what was in the big box this time.
I’ll be looking in there again pretty soon…or in another big box. 🙂
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2018 BS