Throwback Thursday – Technology
This week Maggie asks us some questions about the kinds of technology we had in the past. Thanks, Maggie! 🙂
- What kind of technology existed around your house as a child? … We had a radio, a record player, a rotary dial black telephone, and a small black & white TV.
- What technology do you remember coming into your home for the first time? … I seem to remember when we got a color TV. I think I was a teenager then.
- What kind of televisions or radios did you have – post pictures if you can find them. … We just had the B & W TV and then the color TV, and neither one had a remote control. We only had 3 channels to watch and they all went off by midnight. I do remember it was a big deal when my dad got a clock/radio for Christmas.
- How did music technology change in your lifetime? When was the last time you purchased music? In what form was the music? … First was just listening to the radio or playing records on the record player. I don’t remember anything else until we had an 8-Track player in the car, which was just an added deal, not built in, and the 80s when the Walkman cassette player came out. Next we had other tape players, until we finally got a CD player. That’s the last kind of music we’ve ever bought, and it was a long time ago.
- Did you have a home computer? If so, what was it? Did you have a webcam? Did you stream content with it? … We had an early Apple computer with the floppy discs for a little while. I don’t know what ever happened to it. Then somewhere in the very late 90s we got our PC desk computer. Don’t remember what kind. No webcams, and no streaming even now.
- What kind of phone did you have? Do you have a landline today? … First we had the common black phone with rotary dial, and were on a party line, where several customers shared. That seems so weird now. When I was a teen I got a princess phone. After marriage and kids, we had a wall phone with push buttons. Now I have a cell phone/smart phone or whatever it’s called, and a regular land line phone, and my husband refuses to get a cell phone.
- Did you have toys with integrated technology, robots, automation, etc? … No
- What technology ‘blew your mind’? … The computer and the cell phone, and FaceTime so we can see people we are talking to.
- When did you get your first cell phone? What brand and model was it? Did you carry a pager? … It was sometime in the early 2000s when I got one of those trac phones where you buy minutes.
- Is there any current technology you refuse to own or have in your home? ,,, I don’t want one of those web cam camera things. We used to have one, but got rid of it. I don’t know much about any other technology except what I’ve heard, so don’t know if I’d refuse it or not at this time.
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2022 BS