Fibbing Friday – Golf Lies
This weekly challenge presents some questions that we are to give wrong answer to. It’s all in fun.
To join in this weekly challenge, and see other entries, just click the link below:
- What is an Arnold Palmer? … This is a brand of hand lotion endorsed by a man called Arnold.
- What is a niblick? … This is a big block of salt put out in the fields for animals to take nibbles and licks from.
- What is a mashie? … I remember these! It’s a chocolate candy with nuts and a cherry cream center and called Cherry Mash.
- What’s the difference between a hook and a slice? … A hook is a kid that plays hooky from school, and a slice is a piece of watermelon. There is no comparing the two.
- What name is given to a single hole score of three under par? … This would be called Math/Maths – it’s an arithmetic problem.
- What’s a bogey? … Don’t worry – this is just a baby boogie man – not too scary.
- What’s the difference between a regular golf course and an executive golf course? … When you play a regular course you can wear funny clown clothes. At an exec course you have to wear suit and tie.
- What unique award is given to the winner of the Masters Tournament? … A graduation cap and gown.
- Why do golf balls have dimples? … They made golf balls with dimples in order to have more traction when they hit the ground, so they won’t go rolling on and on forever.
- What is the 19th hole? … Golf is an odd game, so they couldn’t just end a round on an even number, so they added one more to keep it odd.
Thanks for visiting! Peace ☮️
© 2021 BS